Today, we learnt how to write a letter to residents regarding a lost pet. I think you acted really well in the role-play - Tom, his friend, the teacher, the hamster and the vets, both the quack and the 'money grubber'! They had us 'rotf' and 'lol'.
Reflections on our English lesson today...
1) I enjoyed your role-play. The actors were quick-thinking and were able to act out their part and think of appropriate dialogues on the spot.
2) After that, you were able to help 'Tom' identify important facts to include in his letter of appeal to residents about the lost hamster.
3) Next, you looked at real online 'lost dog' notices from the Action for Singapore Dogs website and helped the owners to write a letter to residents about their lost dogs. You worked well in your groups though a few of you got too excited and talked too loudly.
4) Finally, you were given an individual assignment. Remember to complete your homework -Situational Writing (about a lost rabbit).
Did you enjoy the lesson and your friends' acting? Share your thoughts with everyone...
1) Do you think your friends acted well? (Do you remember the cast?) Who made you laugh the most?
2) What have you learnt in the lesson?
3) Did your group members cooperate? Were you confident to speak your thoughts during the group discussion?
Your group work was well done. Here are the letters written by Group 4 and Group 7.