Friday, September 10, 2010

Leadership Camp (by Shawn Goh)

Mrs Tay,

This September Holidays is the most exciting holiday I have had in my life so far. I had a Leadership Camp in school on 7th and 8th of September.


Before that, on Sunday, my father, brother and I went to Beach Road to get a sleeping bag and a flashlight. We got kind of lost on our way there, but we finally managed to get there. At Beach Road, we had a late lunch and proceeded to the second floor where we got the sleeping bag and flashlight.

There were two types of sleeping bags. One was $8, the other was $12. I chose the one that cost $12. I also had a dilemma with the flashlight. The one with 12 LEDs cost $10 while the one with 9 LEDs cost $7. I chose the one that cost $7 with 9 LEDs.

On Tuesday, 9 a.m. I went to school for the `Leadership Camp`. That night we went to the Night Safari. At lights out [11:30p.m], nobody was in the mood to sleep. It was way too hot for anyone to sleep in the tent. It was not until 1 hour after lights out that I slept. Despite being the oldest in the tent, I was the first to fall asleep. My `tent-mates` were Darryl (P4) and Andrew (P3). Andrew, being the youngest, was the last to sleep. I have totally no idea why we slept in that order.

The next day was tiring. I was the first to sleep and first to wake up. As I was going out of the tent to go to the toilet, I accidentally trampled on Andrew's foot and woke him up. I then apologised. The morning exercise was quite strenuous for me. After that, we packed our tent (sisassembling it) and ate our breakfast which consisted of a sandwich, a packet of Milo and a packet of biscuits.

Shawn Goh

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I will never forget the experience of pitching the tent under the hot sun!!But I liked the night safari very much :]

Shawn Goh Shao En said...

Yeah!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus