Monday, March 22, 2010

Our March Holidays

Manwin...

I went to Sunway Lagoon and had a lot of fun. At the Water Park, I went on the carnival rides. I rode the most extreme ship ride and the 'ship' swung to and forth very high. When it went up really high and then started to slide down, I was so scared that I screamed. I also rode on the bumper car. Besides the trip, I also enjoyed a movie that I watched. It was 'How to train your dragon' and it was in 3D.


Vanessa...

It was just great... other than doing homework, I went to the Bottle Tree Park with my mom, her friend and her friend's children, who are great friends of mine. We rented prawn fishing rods and a fishing net. At first, I thought we would not be able to catch any prawns as we have never tried fishing before. Fortunately, we managed to catch 5 prawns. Can you believe that? We barbecued the prawns and ate them. It was awful but my mom said it was wonderful. We also caught a lot of fish which we brought home. It was a really memorable day for me!


Zhi Yi...

The F1 Design Workshop was absolutely fun! On the first day, we in school to go to the workshop. Our team consisted of Sherman, Victor, Shawn Goh, Desmond, Kai Boon, Sabrina, Wei Xin, Leona, Vanessa and me. Kai Boon could not come on that day.

We arrived at Woodgrove Secondary School soon after. In the morning, we learnt about how F1 came about and how to make the car that we would design go fast. It was about drag, aerodynamics, etc. The afternoon brought more fun. We got to design the car on the computer. I made mine colourful.

The next day, Sabrina did not come. We started by sandpapering the car. Then, we used varnish to make it look nicer. Then we sandpapered it again. After that, we painted it. I helped Sabrina to paint hers. It was green with white stripes at the edges and, on the top, there was a checker board!


Shawn Goh...

On Wednesday early morning, at about 2.25 a.m., we received a call from TTS Hospital saying that my grandma's heartbeat was irregular and the outlook was bleak. My parents and aunt rushed to the hospital. Later, my father returned home to look after my brother and me. At about 3.45 a.m. that morning, my mother called home and told my father that our grandmother was pronounced dead. When we woke up in the morning, our father told us the news. We were shocked.

During my grandmother's funeral, my brother and I helped to serve drinks to the guests. On the last night of the wake, I could not sleep, so I spent the last moments with my grandma. It was only at 5.30 a.m. on Sunday that I went to bed. Two hours later, I woke up and prepared to leave for the burial ceremony. Two buses took us to the Christian Cemetery at 8.45 a.m. Our grandma was buried there. I saw my grandma's coffin slowly lowered into the opening in the ground. The pastor said some prayers and we dropped flowers onto the coffin before the opening was filled up.

My aunt spent the past ten years of her life taking care of my grandma. I hope that she will be strong enough to cope with the changes and face the life ahead with confidence.


Weng Leng...

I went to Sentosa Resort World during the holidays. However, it kept raining and I did not get to play as much as I wanted. I did go swimming anyway. I also went on the Luge ride and Skyride. They were amazing!

During the rest of the holiday, I skated with my friend in the basketball court near my block. I also made some mango-flavoured jelly.


Victor...

I enjoyed the Fi Design Workshop. We went to Woodgrove Secondary School for the course. All of us had to draw the chassis (the bottom part of the car). It was difficult. Next, we went to the computer lab to design a model of the car. The next day, we went to the art room. There, we put on a mask and we got a wooden car shaped like the one on our computer design. We sandpapered the car until the surface is smooth. It was hard work and our arms were sore. The room was full of sawdust. We had a break. After the break, we put a layer of varnish on the car model to prevent the air holes from absorbing the paint. After the varnish had dried, we sandpapered the car again. We had to do it thirty times on each surface. I did it a hundred times for all the three surfaces. Then, we painted our cars and left them in the store room for the paint to dry. We were told that we would have a 'car race' some time in May.

For the rest of the holidays, I was cooped up at home with only two books to read. I am happy now that the school holidays are over and am going back to school.

5 comments:

shawn pang said...

i think i must work hard on journal now!

智義 said...

me too!

RetardedSchool . said...

I think we all certainly enjoyed our School Holidays. :)

Phu Eindra ko said...

I feel sad for shawn goh.it must be really sad to lost someone you love and care about.

nerin kaur said...

i feel sad for shawn goh too.

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus